Breaking News

Wahala Be Like Virtual Wedding

 

"Lai lai! Nibo? Shey mii ni ta aso ebi ni? Ko possible. In fact you are not serious" (Won't I sell aso ebi? It's not possible)

This was my mother's response when I teased her about doing a virtual wedding.

Most people seems to like the idea of a virtual wedding but only a few are willing to risk it. No one wants to miss out on the fun, mood and paparazzi that comes with a physical wedding.

A virtual wedding is a wedding ceremony where some or all the guests attends virtually by connecting via different social media platforms like Zoom, Google Team, Skype etc. The world is evolving and we are in a digital age where most things are online, via the internet. Today, we are specifically talking about a scenario where the couple are in two different part of the world and they want to make things official by tying the knot.

TWO KEY POINTS ABOUT VIRTUAL WEDDING

NO BARRIER: Distance is not a barrier in love, neither should it be a barrier when getting married to the one you love if you both are in two different ends of the world. All you have to do is GO VIRTUAL and say I do to the one you love. Awwn!! Now I am beginning to feel mushy mushy. Don't mind me, I am a bloody romantic.

LOW COST RATE: With the expenses of a normal wedding out of the way, the couple will not have to spend to their last kobo to put a virtual wedding together. "Virtual wedding is good now. It cut cost. Anything to cut cost" - Konge Lifestyle

The guests will only have to sit in front of their computer or TV to attend the ceremony.

"It's a good idea, the main thing is for the client and guests to be satisfied. It saves the client cost to an extent"- Marple Events

WANNA GO VIRTUAL? Then take note of this most important thing

GET A GOOD TECHNOLOGY: If you want to risk doing a virtual wedding, this is one thing you should really invest in. You don't want to answer "I do" to "Is there anyone who doesn't want these two to be joined in holy matrimony? If you have anything to say, say it now or forever hold your peace". No allow your village people use you to destroy your wedding o.  Good lighting, excellent sound quality and strong internet connection is one of the necessity of a successful  virtual wedding.

DO I WANT A VIRTUAL WEDDING? Of course not. Even though I am not a fan of conventionality but biko let me just go along with the normal wedding thread with all the guests in the same venue slaying in their aso ebi. I don't want to miss out on the attention to be showered on me as the iyawo. My intention is to enjoy myself looking all peng and glammed for the guests and Lee Boo to admire.

Omo! We can't afford to miss out the role of "mo gbo, mo branch guests" because they are the real party crashers. These set of individuals are the salt in our soup. They take more souvenirs and food than the invited guests. They are the ones who give us something to gossip about after the wedding. Now tell me how we will have this people at our parties if the wedding is restricted to virtuality.

My prediction is virtual weddings might not thrive in African countries especially in Nigeria. Africans like the paparazzi that come with wedding ceremonies. Even the elites of the society will not opt for the option of a virtual wedding because wedding is one of the avenues to flaunt their wealth.

Please don't misquote me, I am not dismissing the idea of a virtual wedding. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and ideologies. This decision is for the couple to make but make we think am well o. Weddings happen only once in a lifetime

Tell me what you feel about this new innovation; is it a yay or nay for you? Drop your answer in the comment section below.

Thanks for reading. See y’all next week.

Caio

12 comments:

  1. Very lovely and engaging read. I agree with you too on the difficulty of it taking root here because of our ' se ka ri mi (I want to be seen)' attitude.
    I am Interested howeverin how we will work out the legality of the wedding if the couple are in different parts of the world.

    Under which country will the marriage be registered?
    How will the 'dotted lines' be signed?

    My thoughts are while the party can be celebrated anyhow we choose, the ceremony itself is the important part of the event. That is what gives legality to that union and that is the part that concerns me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think virtual wedding is mainly good and recommended for celebrities.
    So many people will be interested in being at the wedding that they just can't afford to not make it virtual.
    Generally though, I'll prefer a mixture of virtual and live wedding. Those who cannot attend and attend virtually

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea..
    Ideology,stating problem and solution
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nothing short of excellence. Keep them coming

    ReplyDelete